A history of accelerating the future of energy, together
From its founding and to today, AES has led lasting positive change in the energy sector based on its stakeholders’ most critical needs.
- 2020: The battery energy storage project at a TPDDL sub-station in Delhi received the ¨Energy Storage Project of the Year¨ award during the 7th International Conference & Expo on ES, EV and Micro-grids
- 2020: Delivering on our mission to accelerate the future of energy, together and following our global strategy to reduce our carbon intensity; we transferred AES shares we acquired in 1998 from the Government of Odisha, India back to the state on December 10, 2020 after receiving all needed regulatory approvals.
- 2019: AES along with our partner Mitsubishi, inaugurates the 10 MW battery energy storage project at a TPDDL sub-station in Delhi. This is the largest grid scale battery energy storage project in South Asia.
- 2019: AES-OPGC 3 & 4 Units 660x2 MW inauguration in March
- 2017: Recognized for our people practices, AES awarded Silver accreditation by Investors in People, UK
- 2014: Groundbreaking for Expansion OPGC Project 2x660 MW
- 2012: AES starts commercial operations of a 39.2 MW Windfarm in Gujarat
- 2012: AES starts commercial operations of 5MW solar project in Rajasthan and another 15 MW solar project in Gujarat
- 2007: OPGC achieved highest Plant Load Factor of 90%
- 2006: AES signs MOU with Government of Chhattisgarh for building a1200 MW thermal power project in Chhattisgarh
- 1999: AES steps into OPGC management, OPGC Plant Load Factor at 50%
- 1998: AES was selected as the strategic investor for acquiring 49% stake in the 420 MW thermal power project in Odisha (Odisha Power Generating Corporation), owned by the Government of Odisha.
- 1992: AES was invited to Odisha, India, to develop the Ib Valley thermal power plant. Soon after, the Government of India allowed private participation in the power sector.